This toolkit was developed to help employer implement a no or low cost lactation accommodation policy and program.
This toolkit was developed to increase the number of participants who successfully combine breastfeeding with employment. It contains materials that have been designed for participants, staff and employers.
CA Breastfeeding Law Cards:
These wallet-sized cards, provided free by the Breastfeeding Task Force, contain text from lactation laws in the State of California.
"All About Breastfeeding" Website by the New York State WIC office
- Breastfeeding when away from home
- Going back to work or school
- Introducing a bottle and breast pumping information
California Department of Public Health WIC WORKS Website
- WIC Pantry for Mom and Baby Breastfeeding Comparisons (PDF)...Spanish
- How Does Formula Compare to Breastmilk (PDF)...Spanish
- Breastfeeding While Working or Going to School (PDF)...Spanish
- Getting Ready for Child Care English (PDF)...Spanish
- Pumping and Storing Breastmilk for Your Baby (PDF)...Spanish
- Sample Schedule for Expressing Breastmilk at Work English (PDF)...Spanish
Flexible Work Websites to Help Facilitate Working and Breastfeeding
Maternal and Child Health Library
- Breastfeeding Consumer Education Materials
- Breastfeeding Promotion for Health Professionals
- Breastfeeding and Working Mothers for Consumers and Health Professionals
www.pumpingmoms.org. Information on how to pump, ways to increase milk production and mother-to-mother support.
www.workandpump.com. Mother-to-mother advice for moms working outside the home and breastfeeding. Message boards, news updates, info for employers.
- Easy Steps to Supporting Breastfeeding Employees
- Tool Kit: Resources for Building a Lactation Support Program
- Tool Kit: Resources for Building a Lactation Support Program - in Spanish
Corporate Lactation Programs Research Articles:
- Description of a Male-Focused Breastfeeding Promotion Corporate Lactation Program. By: Rona Cohen, RN, MN, FPNP, IBCLC, Linda Lange, RN, DrPH, Wendy Slusser, MD, MS
- Comparison of Maternal Absenteesim and Infant Illness Rates Among Breastfeeding and Formula-Feeding Women in Two Corporations. By: Rona Cohen,Marsha B.Mrtek,Robert G.Mrtek
- The Impact of Two Corporate Lactation Programs on the Incidence and Duration of Breast Feeding by Employed Mothers. By: Rona Cohen, Marsha B. Mrtek
- Duration of Breastmilk Expression among Working Mothers Enrolled in an Employer Sponsored Lactation Program. By Joan Ortiz, BSN, RN, CLC, Kathryn McGilligan, MS, Patricia Kelly, RD, CLC
- Cigna Working Well (2000) Evaluation Summary